Graphic Novel Classroom Kits
Teachers/Librarians: To find out how to borrow graphic novels to use with your students, click here.
- Banned Books Week 09/26/14
- Comics Fest 2014 09/13/14
- Nathan Hale’s Hazardous Tales: Treaties, Trenches, Mud, and Blood 09/4/14
- Book to Graphic Novel Adaptations 08/15/14
- Comics and the Common Core 08/1/14
I Kill Giants
Joe Kelly (Author), J. M. Ken Niimura (Illustrator)
Barbara is an angry elementary-school girl who is known as a freak and claims to be a killer of giants. She faces bullies and storms with no fear, but cannot face what she hides from at home. The story is heart wrenching and wonderful at the same time. This work is an example of why comic books are not only art, but a necessary medium to tell a full story. The art blends so well with the writing you will find yourself thinking “Did I just read a comic or a small beautiful novel ?” Truly an example of why comic books/graphic novels are great.